4.5% dividend yield, 11.9% return YTD
A favorite among investors seeking dividends, the SPDR S&P Emerging Markets Dividend ETF (EDIV) provides a 4.46% dividend yield to its investors. The fund tracks the performance of the Dow Jones Emerging Markets Select Dividend Index and offers exposure to dividend-paying stocks in emerging markets.
The fund, managing over $360 million in assets, has an expense ratio of 0.49%. Top institutional owners of the fund include CLS Investment, LLC, San Francisco Sentry Investment Group, and Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC (WFC), which own 14.52%, 3.54%, and 3.21% of the total shares of EDIV, respectively.
Year-to-date (April 27, 2017), the SPDR S&P Emerging Markets Dividend ETF (EDIV) has returned 11.87% to its investors; up 9.47% over the past year. The fund currently trades at a price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio of 10.85 (as of April 26).
EDIV Portfolio highlights
- 87% of the funds’ assets are invested in the Emerging markets (EEM) (VWO).
- Asia (AAXJ) (50%), Europe (VGK) (20%), and Africa (GAF) (18 %) form the top 3 markets that the fund in invested in. South Africa (EZA), Taiwan (EWT), and Thailand (THD) are top markets.
- Financials (24%), Consumer Cyclical (13%), and Telecommunications (12%) dominate the EDIV portfolio.
- Invested in a mix of large cap (74%), mid cap (23%), small cap (2%), and micro cap (1%).
- Top 5 equity holdings of the fund include:
|ADR Ticker||Name||Country||Weight (%)||Sector||YTD Return (April 27)|
|SKM||SK Telecom Co., Ltd.||South Korea||3.23||Technology||13.35%|
|AVIFY||Advanced Info Service Public Company Limited||Thailand||3.15||Telecommunication||21.75%|
|NA||Itaúsa – Investimentos Itaú S.A. Pref||Brazil||2.90||Financials||NA|
|OGZPY||Gazprom ADR||Russia||2.78||Oil & Gas||-6.68%|