5.31% dividend yield, 10% return YTD
The WisdomTree Emerging Markets High Dividend ETF (DEM) boasts of a 5.31% dividend yield. The fund tracks the performance of the WisdomTree Emerging Markets Equity income Index and offers exposure to some of the highest dividend yielding stocks in the emerging market world with a fundamental weighting system.
The fund, managing about $1.7 billion in assets, has an expense ratio of 0.63%. Top institutional owners of the fund include Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC (MS), Columbia Management Company, and Merrill Lynch & Co Inc (BAC), which own 6.71%, 6.16%, and 3.99% of the total shares of DEM, respectively.
Year-to-date (April 27, 2017), the WisdomTree Emerging Markets High Dividend ETF (DEM) has returned 9.78% to its investors; up 13.77% over the past year.
DEM Portfolio highlights
- 89% of the funds’ assets are invested in the Emerging markets (EEM) (VWO).
- Asia (AAXJ) (56%), Europe (VGK) (26%), and Africa (GAF) (7%) form the top 3 markets that the fund in invested in. Taiwan (EWT), China (FXI), and Russia (RSX) are top markets.
- Financials (22%), Telecommunications (15%), and Energy (15%) dominate the DEM portfolio.
- Invested in a good mix of large cap (79%), mid cap (18%), and small-cap (3%).
- Top 5 equity holdings of the fund include:
|ADR Ticker||Name||Country||Weight (%)||Sector||YTD Return (April 27)|
|OGZPY||Gazprom OAO||Russia||4.29||Oil & Gas||-6.68%|
|HNHPF||Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.||Taiwan||3.40||Information Technology||30.69%|
|LUKOY||Lukoil PJSC ADR||Russia||3.29||Oil & Gas||-9.39%|
|CICHY||China Construction Bank Corp||China||2.97||Financials||6.86%|
|MTNOY||MTN Group Ltd||South Africa||2.29||Telecommunication||2.10%|