Exposure to dividend stock in emerging markets
The ALPS Emerging Sector Dividend Dogs ETF (EDOG) with a 4.66% dividend yield is one of the highest yielding financial products available to emerging market investors. The fund tracks the performance of the S-Network Emerging Markets Index and offers exposure to dividend-paying stocks in emerging markets.
The fund, managing about $38 million in assets, has an expense ratio of 0.60%. Top institutional owners of the fund include Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC (MS), and Merrill Lynch & Co Inc (BAC), which own 30.82% and 12.55% of the total shares of EDOG, respectively.
Year-to-date (April 27, 2017), the ALPS Emerging Sector Dividend Dogs ETF (EDOG) has returned 9.01% to its investors; up 2.29% over the past year.
EDOG Portfolio highlights
- 90% of the fund’s assets are invested in the Emerging markets (EEM) (VWO).
- Asia (AAXJ) (43%), Europe (VGK) (37%), and Latin America (ILF) (10%) form the top 3 markets that the fund in invested in. Thailand (THD), Russia (RSX), and Malaysia (EWM) are top markets.
- Financials (10%), Energy (10%), and Telecommunications (10%) dominate the EDOG portfolio.
- Invested in a good mix of large cap (69%), mid cap (26%), and small-cap (6%).
- Top 5 equity holdings of the fund include:
|ADR Ticker||Name||Country||Weight (%)||Sector||YTD Return (April 27)|
|PZAKY||Powszechny Zaklad Ubezpieczen SA||Poland||2.37||Financials||NA|
|NA||Turkiye Sise ve Cam Fabrikalari A.S.||Turkey||2.21||Industrials||NA|
|NA||Eregli Demir ve Celik Fabrikalari TAS||Turkey||2.20||Materials||NA|
|MLYBY||Malayan Banking Berhad||Malaysia||2.15||Financials||24.72%|