A whopping 6.95% dividend yield
With one the highest dividend yields in the exchange-traded funds universe, the iShares Emerging Markets Dividend ETF (DVYE) boasts of a whopping 6.95% dividend yield. The fund tracks the performance of the Dow Jones Emerging Markets Select Dividend Index and offers exposure to dividend-paying stocks in emerging markets.
The fund, managing about $300 million in assets, has an expense ratio of 0.49%. Top institutional owners of the fund include BlackRock Advisors LLC (BLK), SG Americas Securities LLC, and UBS Securities LLC (UBS), which own 7.84%, 7.84%, and 5.54% of the total shares of DVYE, respectively.
Year-to-date (April 27, 2017), the iShares Emerging Markets Dividend ETF (DVYE) has returned 15.64% to its investors; up 22.36% over the past year. The fund currently trades at a price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio of 9.83 (as of April 26) and a beta of 0.11.
DVYE Portfolio highlights
- 88% of the funds’ assets are invested in the Emerging markets (EEM) (VWO).
- Asia (AAXJ) (52%), Europe (VGK) (24%), and Latin America (ILF) (10%) form the top 3 markets that the fund in invested in. Taiwan (EWT), China (FXI), and Russia (RSX) are top markets.
- Financials (18%), Utilities (15%), and Telecommunications (14%) dominate the DVYE portfolio.
- Invested in a good mix of large cap (53%), mid cap (34%), small cap (12%), and cash (1%).
- Top 5 equity holdings of the fund include:
|ADR Ticker||Name||Country||Weight (%)||Sector||YTD Return (April 27)|
|SGTPY||Surgutneftegas OJSC Pref||Russia||3.41||Oil & Gas||6.82%|
|GZUHF||Guangzhou R&F Prop||China||2.20||Financials||13.89%|
|NA||Transmissora Aliança de Energia Elétrica S.A.||Brazil||1.77||Utilities||NA|
|NA||Highwealth Construction Corp.||Taiwan||1.76||Financials NA|